Potential Gifts List
Gifts that may be considered by the Foundation for acceptance include:
- Personal Property Acceptable for consideration as Current or Future Gifts shall include:
- Publicly traded securities
- Restricted and closely held securities, provided that (i) full disclosure of any and all restrictions are provided; and (ii) in the sole discretion of the Foundation, Congregation Etz Chaim (CEC) can comply with such restrictions
- Mutual Fund Shares
- Real Estate and Mortgages, subject to possible requirements such as minimum appraised value, title insurance policy, no environmental risk, no priming liens or unpaid taxes, etc.
- Tangible Personal Property (art, antiques, jewelry, collections, books, instruments, etc.)
- Mandatory Retirement Plan Withdrawals
- Misc. Assets (promissory notes, copyrights, royalties, etc.) may be accepted but only subject to the approval of and sole discretion of the Foundation
- Beneficiary Designation – CEC may be designated as a primary or contingent beneficiary of a life insurance policy, deferred or immediate annuity contract, IRA, defined benefit plan, 401(k) Plan, profit-sharing plan, or other qualified plan (partial gifts, for example, a 10% beneficiary designation, will also be accepted)
- Bequests – CEC will accept specific bequests (dollar amount or specific assets), percentage bequests, residual bequests, contingent bequests, and restricted bequests (where the donor bequests a gift to be used for a specific purpose).
- Restricted Bequest Requirements – An acceptable restricted bequest must meet the following criteria: (i) be in an amount of at least $50,000 in expected present value; (ii) include sufficient initial funds to pay all expenses, costs, and legal fees of initial set up and administration; (iii) be able to be reasonably executed and accomplished by the officers and employees of CEC; and (v) at the sole discretion of the Foundation, be consistent with both the Mission of CEC Foundation and the values of CEC.
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts (both Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts and Charitable Remainder UniTrusts)
- Gifts with Retained Interests and Life Estates
- Life Insurance
Congregation Etz Chaim of DuPage County Foundation
1710 South Highland Avenue
Lombard, IL 60148